Veritas HSM Maintenance
When resizing a VXFS filesystem on a server that has HSM running, it is necessary to place HSM in maintenance mode for that particular filesystem. Failing to do so may cause the VFS resize operation to freeze if there is an active HSM migsweep in progress.
- run migVSMstate to get the current status
- migVSMstate -s maintenance fs_name
- check to see that the mig processes have stopped working on the filesystem: use ps -deaf | grep mig, should only have the three deamons, will see filesystem name in other tasks if it is working on it. NOTE: stopping HSM may take several minutes, so be patient.
- once sure no mig processes are active and the filesystem is in maint mode then can grow with VEA
- when done growing fs, activate with migVSMstate -s active fs_name