Linux and High I/O Wait

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Igor
Site Admin
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Linux and High I/O Wait

Postby Igor » Tue Sep 08, 2009 3:21 am

When you look at the CPU activity of your computer, one of the parameters is the iowait. This value shows how much time your CPU wastes while it is waiting for I/O operations for complete. These include disk read/write operations, network, IPC, etc. Is this behavior a problem and, if so, what causes it and how to fix it?

Read more: http://www.krazyworks.com/linux-and-high-io-wait/

Return to “System Administration”